Sep 30, 2015 OS X El Capitan Installer. Official OS X El Capitan Installer from the Mac App Store. Un-archive the zip archive and you will get the app Installer. A bootable ISO or bootable USB can be made from this installer. Instructions on how to do that are on the Internet/Youtube. Oct 17, 2016 Whether or not you've downloaded it in the past, you can now download OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (6.21 GB) via this link which will open first in the Browser, then in the App Store. OS X El Capitan This version of OS X El Capitan is for users running OS X Snow Leopard who would like to upgrade to macOS Sierra. Image: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Retail VirtualBox Image Winrar or 7zip. Install Mac OS X El Capitan on VirtualBox. First, download the VirtualBox for Windows from its website. Once you have downloaded the VirtualBox then install it on your computer. If you run VMware or Hyper-V so you should not use them at the same time. Download El Capitan and install fresh the Mac OS without upgrading the current Mac OS version The second method of installation is the clean install method. It basically erases the entire content of your chosen drive and installs a fresh, smooth version of the new operating system which is downloaded El Capitan Mac OS X in this case.
On this page:
- Reinstall El Capitan on a computer alreadyrunning it
Upgrade from previous versions to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- From the Apple menu, select App Store....
- When the App Store opens, search for and download El Capitan. If you don't already have an Apple ID, you'll need to create one. You can monitor the download process in the 'Purchased' section of the App Store.
- Once the download is complete, the installer should automatically open.
If it doesn't, or you don't want to complete the installation at this time, you can come back later and double-click Install OS X El Capitan in your
Within the installer, click Continue, agree to the license agreement, and then choose the disk where you want to install El Capitan.
After you begin the installation, your computer may need to restart more than once before finishing, and then you may be asked to enter basic information.
- From the Apple menu, select App Store..., and then install any available updates.
Reinstall El Capitan on a computer already running it
Reinstall while keeping files, applications, and settings
- Restart your computer, and immediately hold down
command-runtil the gray Apple logo appears.
- If prompted, select your main language and then click the arrow.
- Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue. Follow the instructions on the screen, and then choose your hard disk. Click Install, and enter your Apple ID information if prompted.
- When the installation is complete, select App Store... from the Apple menu, and install any available updates.
Reinstall while erasing everything on your computer
Restart your computer, and immediately hold down
command-runtil the gray Apple logo appears.
- If you see a screen asking you to select your main language, choose it, and then click the arrow.
- Click Disk Utility, and then Continue.
- In Disk Utility:
- Click your hard disk in the left column, and then click the Erase tab.
- Next to 'Format:', make sure OS X Extended (Journaled) is selected. In the 'Name:' field, give your disk a name. Click Erase.
- Once it's completed, quit Disk Utility.
- Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue:
- Follow the instructions on the screen, and then choose your hard disk.
- Click Install. If prompted, enter your Apple ID information.
- Once the installation is complete, you'll be asked to enter basic information, and have the option to transfer data from another computer or backup.
- From the Apple menu, select App Store, and then install any available updates.
Ok so you have downloaded InstallMacOSX.dmg, and you have opened that to Install MacOSX.pkg.
Double-click on that and an installation window will open, follow the prompts. This does not install
El Capitan but converts the InstallMacOSX.pkg to the Install OS X El Capitan.app which will appear
in your Application folder, it is this you use to create the bootable USB installer.
You can only do this on Macs that can install El Capitan, any Macs that came new with macOS Sierra
or a later OS preinstalled will not be allowed to convert the .pkg to the Install OS X El Capitan.app.
This is pretty dumb of Apple, as many Mac owners might need to use newer Macs to create bootable
El Capitan Install App Download Mac
installers for older Macs that have experienced difficulties.
El Capitan Install App Download Pc
Dec 14, 2019 10:20 PM