How to get apps
Macbook Air Apps To Download
How to download apps for Mac. Open the App Store app. Browse or search for the app that you want to download. Click the price or Get button. If you see the 'Open' button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app. In the App Store, if an app has a Get button instead of a price, the app is free. Download macOS Catalina for an all‑new entertainment experience. Your music, TV shows, movies, podcasts, and audiobooks will transfer automatically to the Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books apps where you’ll still have access to your favorite iTunes features, including purchases, rentals, and imports.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the App Store app.
- Browse or search for the app that you want to download. If you find a game that says Arcade, subscribe to Apple Arcade to play the game.
- Tap or click the price or Get button. If you see the 'Open' button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app.
In the App Store, if an app has a Get button instead of a price, the app is free. You won't be charged for downloading a free app. Some free apps offer in-app purchases and subscriptions that you can buy. Subscriptions and in-app purchases give you access to more features, content, and more. Learn more about in-app purchases and subscriptions.
How to find apps that you bought
You can find your apps in your App Library.
If you bought an iMessage app, you can find the app in Messages.
You can also see a list of apps that you bought and redownload them. When you redownload an app, you don't have to pay for it again.
If you can't find the App Store
If the App Store is missing on your device, you might have parental controls turned on. Adjust your iTunes & App Store Purchases settings and make sure that you choose 'Allow' for the Installing Apps setting. The App Store should reappear on your device.
If you still can't find the App Store, search for it.
If you have an issue when you download apps
To buy apps from the App Store, you need an Apple ID and a payment method. If you’re only downloading free items, you still might need to keep a payment method on file.
- If you can’t download apps because your payment method was declined, update or change your payment method.
- Can’t sign in to the App Store? Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID or your Apple ID password. Or if you don’t have an Apple ID, learn how to set up an Apple ID.
- If you have trouble downloading an app that's larger than 200 MB over cellular, open the Settings app. Tap App Store, tap App Downloads, then tap Always Allow.
If an app does not work
- Learn what to do if an app closes unexpectedly or won't open.
- If an app isn't working as expected, you can contact the app developer. Or report a problem to Apple.
Learn how to buy and use apps on other Apple devices
Apps To Download On Macbook
- Download apps on your Mac.
- Download apps on your Apple TV.
- Download apps on your Apple Watch.
Open the App Store and sign in
If a blue account button appears at the top of the App Store, you might not be signed in. Tap it and sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your password.
Learn what to do if you can't open the App Store.
Manually update the app
Check your payment method
You might need to have a payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free. See what payment method you have on file and make sure that it isn't expired, declined, or failed.
If you can't update apps and you see a message that says “your account is disabled in the App Store,” there might be a problem with your payment method. Contact Apple Support for assistance.
Prioritize the download
From the Home Screen, touch and hold the app. From the menu that appears, choose Prioritize Download.
Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad.
Then check to see if you can download or update apps.
If you still can't download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad, contact Apple Support.